MUSIC AND ASSET GUIDELINES
While we very much encourage creativity in our video contest, there are a few simple guidelines you must follow in regard to music and the assets in this .zip file. If you don’t follow these guidelines, your video may be rejected or disqualified. Seriously.
MINOR CONSENT FORM
If you’re between the ages of 13 and 18, your parent or legal guardian must complete the included Minor Consent Form and either scan and email it to Chase Stallo at firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax to 304-284-0081 to Chase’s attention. This should be sent when you submit your entry. Without this form, your entry will not count.
You can’t just rip a song from a CD or buy an mp3 and set a video to it. Your music must come from YouTube’s free audio library. Here are a few important details you must follow:
- The only way we will accept your video submission is if you acquire the music through YouTube’s free audio library. You can access it here: https://www.youtube.com/audiolibrary/music.
- When looking for music, make sure the songs playback is viewable worldwide.
- You must credit the artist, the name of the song, and the band’s URL in a prominent location in the video. Of course, you can use more than one song in your video, as long as they come from YouTube’s free audio library.
The following assets and information must be included near the beginning of your entry. You can animate or treat the logos any way you wish. Logos are provided as .png and .eps files, and you can use whichever you’re most comfortable with. Be sure to read the included logo usage guidelines, and make sure you follow them in your video, or your entry may be rejected.
- The official contest logo, named 2017-Film-Festival-Logo
- The MotoSport logo
- The WASPcam logo
- The Yamalube
- The Racer X logo
- Videographer/editor credits
- Feel free to include a personal logo or graphic as well
Beyond that, make it your way. If you have questions, email Chase Stallo at email@example.com. It’s better to ask than to guess and get it wrong.